Sunday, October 23, 2011

Christmas cards are started!

Time to really get going on the Christmas cards.  I wish I could do like my friend Shawn and make 75 of the same cards!  Just can't do it.  Too many images out there waiting to be inked and colored.  Who could pick just one!  LOL
Both cards today a done with the same image.  This is one of my favorite images from GingerLoft Challenges.  I used it for several cards last year and think I will be using it alot this year. (Just have to remember who got that one last year! HA!)
This is a very quick image to work with because Tami has already put most of the shading in.  It you can do sky and snow, this image colors in about 5-10 minutes.
Gotta love that!
Contrast is fairly high here but I wanted you to be able to see all the sparkle!
It's amazing how different the items and colors around the image can make a card look!
The main window and frame die cuts are Spellbinders
The flourish is a Marianne's die cut
The snow flakes are Spellbindes and Sizzlets
The glitter is Crafty Sparkles in "sugar" from Our Craft Lounge.
The pins are made with beads from my stash.
The embossing is a CB embossing folder.
The ribbon is from my stash.
All white paper is Neenah solar white or X-press blend it paper.

On another note, I am sending a big thank-you to my friend Lynn of Lynn's Designer Creations (from Australia)  for the wonderful watermark/stamp that she made me to put on the back of my creations!  It is just beautiful.  I can make it any size/color that I choose.  I can print right on the back of a card or punch them out and put them on the backs. When I figure it out, I can use it as a watermark on my posted cards also.  How cool is that!
Thanks again Lynn, it really is beautiful!

: )  Gale

This card may be entered in the following challenges:
Christmas Inspirations:  Must be Christmas-die cuts (ton of them here :)
One Stitch at a Time:  Emboss it
PanPastel Challenge:  Glitter and Glitz
Ribbon  Girls:  Lilac and green
Totally Gorjuss:  Pastel Christmas
Christmas Stampin':  Spar-ka-ly
Phindy's Place:  Blue Christmas

16 comments:

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Wonderful card! Like you, I'm not confortable to make many of the same. LOL
I could not find the list of the challenges you are entering... So, to make your card count at Christmas Inspirations challenges, you must link our blog in your post.
Hugs,
Carla

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the snowflakes and the tree image. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel UK challenge blog
Lindsay xx

CARLA PREDIGER said...

As I said, great card. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

Marleen said...

Beautiful card. thanks for joining in at PanPastel.
Marleen xxx

Samantha said...

Pretty card LOVE that pin and bow too!
Thanks 4 joining us this week @ Totally Gorjuss Challenge Our our Pastel Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Crafty_Fairie said...

The tree image is stunning you have framed it really nicely thanks for joining in at PanPastel Uk.

Kerry

Anne said...

Hi Gale what a stunning image, love this tree! I'm with you, can't be doing with making them all the same and you have 2 super cards here. Thank you for joining in with this week’s Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll play again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

Josephine said...

Gorgeous! I love that image!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck.

Payne Holler Cards said...

stunning! gorgeous image! yep, too many images to use and I can never remember who got sent what image the previous year so always end up doing new images
LOL
thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place - best of luck in the random draw(-:

Mahmood Ali said...

These cards are designed so gorgeously i really like it...
Plastic business cards
Plastic Card

bettand said...

Such beautiful and soft christmas cards. Love the dry embossing and swirls and snowflakes. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Choccy said...

Beautiful creations !!
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our embossing challenge.
Good Luck !!
Hope to see you back next week :O)

Choccy x

Tammie E said...

Both are gorgeous cards, Gale!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Both cards are stunning, thanks for joining in with our emboss it challenge this week over at OSAAT and good luck Julie DT

my little scrapping corner said...

beautiful card. love it

thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope you join us next time too.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time