Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring dreaming

Lots of time in my craft room yesterday!  I got to play for the entire day.  It just rained and rained and rained.  I got 3 cards and a 3D project done.  Will get them posted as I can.  This card started with a sketch from Our Craft Lounge.  They do a weekly challenge with a monthly winner from all the entries.  The best part is that the winner gets to pick ANY stamp set that OCL makes.  Their stamps are 'the bomb'!
Lots of layers and little touches on this sketch.  Actually had to think for this one.

This stamp set is 'Tree-rific Trees'.  I didn't like it.  I only bought it for one of the sentiments on it. (not this one)  My friend Cammie (one of the owners of OCL) talked me into getting it and.......now I use it all the time!  There is just something about those trees and the fat little birds.  Easy and fun to color, very versatile, and they just ooooooze Spring.  Sorry about the glare from the flash, no natural light happening here at all!

Deets:
Stamp and sentiment from OCL. 
Memento Ink to stamp image and for sponging.
EK success border punch
CB embossing folder
Ribbon, buttons, half pearls and all papers from my scrap stash. (gotta love using those scraps!)


This card may be entered in the following challenges:
Our Craft Lounge:  Sketch and use their stamps
Pals Paper Arts:  Embossing (dry embossed with CBF at left edge)
The Cuttlebug Spot:  Dry emboss and buttons
Clear it Out:  Buttons
Res-Q-challenge:  Scrub it up!
Little Miss Muffet:  Brads, gems and pearls
I did it Creations:  Welcome Spring!
Aly's Sunday Challenge:  Spring theme
Creative Stamp Friends:  Spring
Inspiration Avenue:  Spring
Stamp with Fun:  Spring
Pear Tree Designs:  Happy Birthday
Everybody Art:  Happy Birthday
Top Tip Tuesday:  3 or more buttons
Wags n Whiskers:  Spring
Stamp Something:  Spring
Totally Gorjuss:  Spring





14 comments:

Donna said...

Stunning card hunni

Thanks for joining us at PTD and good luck

Donna x

Karen Howard said...

This is really pretty, love the birdie and how you added the buttons! Hugs, Karen

michele hileman said...

What a cute card. Thank you for joining us at IDIC

Anonymous said...

I love you card tree, fat little birdie and those buttons are great, the flash is cool too really added to the buttons 3D looks! Great job! Thanks for joining us on Top Tip Tuesday this time, Hugs Samantha :0)

chilli pip said...

That tree is great and I love the way you have dressed it up .A really stylish card.
am off to have a look around your blog

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous - I love the way you've used the buttons in the tree :)

Thanks for joining us for our 'Button' challenge this week at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Priti Lisa said...

I love all of the special details in this card.
Happy Bird day..too cute:)

Rachel B said...

The buttons as the tree blossoms is great! Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out!

Cards by Gina said...

Lovely card. Pretty details. Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

Beth Norman said...

Oh my. Isn't this darling! I really love the tree and bird, but love the buttons even more.

Denise Marzec said...

Loooooove this! Stunning!

Lynn said...

Hi Gale, thanks for calling in...Don't you just love it when you can't get to those pending chores because of the weather! I love nothing more than sitting in and having fun in my craft room!
Gorgeous card by the way..Love that birdie and the bow is so perfect!
huggs
Lynn xx

Dotty Jo said...

Oooh, you've caught me having a wee snoop at your blog! This is so cute, love that bird! Jo x

Unknown said...

I like your birdie !!!Love how you used the colors from the scrub top! !!!
business gift cards
Pvc cards