Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge

Our Craft Lounge has posted their weekly sketch challenge.  Since I don't seem to have much mojo going right now, I fell back on a holiday card.  They seem to be the easiest for me to put together.  So......Happy Halloween everyone!


The stamp set is Spook-tacular from Our Craft Lounge.  The spiders are covered in black sparkly-fluff. The spider web is clear embossed.  The DP is DCWV photo stack and the card stock is from couture card stock.  I have used ribbon from Michaels and SU dazzling diamonds around the sentiment.  The center ribbon is simply layered paper with cut out and embossed candy corns.  On the DP, I have cut out extra candy corns and made them into embellishments.  Cut them out, cover with versa mark and dip in Ultra thick embossing enamel.  Heat to melt the enamel.  Dip again, reheat and repeat for a total of 5-6 times.  This gives a beautiful, 3-D embellishment to us on your card.  Everything is placed on the card with scor-tape or dimensionals.

1 comment:

Vicki G said...

Great Card! I love the candy corn behind the spider and then how you mad your own embellies!

Thanks for entering your creation on my blog

Hugs

Vicki