Thursday, July 28, 2011

Playing in the garden.

I have been lazy this summer and pretty much ignored my garden.  Thank goodness granny has kept up with it all!


Doesn't she rock!  Granny in her crocs and pedal pushers, bringing in the garden harvest!
This is the second granny image from Fresh Brewed Designs.  She was just released last week
and I couldn't wait to play with her and the wonderful sentiments that go along with her. 
 I previously played with Sun-bathing granny and this one
is just as good!  Heather really has out done herself with this design!
The card base is from SU.  The daisy paper is a digi.  The lime cardstock is dry embossed with a
CB folder and the brown cut out with an EK success border punch.
The orange background was some glossy white paper that I used Ranger alcohol inks on.
Granny is colored with copic markers and the sponging is with Memento inks.
The pearls are actually Liquid Pearls and both ribbons from Michaels.

This card may be entered in the following challenges:
The Crafty pad #131:  Heat or Dry embossing
Paper Playtime #51:  Summer
Everybody Art #152:  Garden
CYDA #25:  Summer
Divas by Design #7:  Summer
The Pink Elephant #107:  Fun in the Sun
2 Sisters #49:  Anything goes
Fab n' Funky #83:  Clash of the Colors

10 comments:

aqualeiga said...

Cool card, and Granny looks FAB! Thanks for playing in THE CRAFTY PAD embossing challenge. Hugs, Ali x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I agree, my garden has been TERRIBLE this year. I TRIED to catch water and do all I could,.. but mama said the terrible heat, humidity and all that this summer has been... then the one big wave of rain we got (after months of no rain) shocked everything. My garden is dead!!! :( ugh!
But Granny's is doing well! (this one and my real Granny :D) She has been picking and canning and sharing all of her yummy veggies. Noone does it quite like a granny, wouldn't you say?!?

I am so glad that you are enjoying these digis as much as I enjoyed creating them. :) Your posts today have made me smile inside and out!

HUGS to you. Hope your frantic Friday turns into a fantastic Friday :D

VanessaB said...

love it!!! beautiful coloring and love the design of your card. Granny really stands out. :)

Sheryl said...

Hi Gale! I love your Gardening Granny Card! There is so much wonderful detail and your coloring ang highlighting is beautiful. I must learn more about these "liquid Pearls".
I have a vegetable garden and for some strange reason, it's actually producing vegetables this year after having two years of no luck. This year we have three woodchucks that we have been busy keeping at bay too!
I hope that you have a great weekend!
Hugs, Sheryl

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Gale! What a fun card this is!!
I love the swirl at the bottom with the bow at the top... it always seems like I could add "one more thing" to all my cards and never quite get this sort of balance!
Thanks for sharing your style!! I can learn a lot from you!!

Stacie

Sheri Gilson said...

Very fun summer card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Oh how darling! I would love to have an afternoon visit with this gardener!
A beautiful card. I like your color choices.

Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
Krista, guest designer
http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

D said...

What a great card! Love your coloring :) Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Playtime.

paper fun said...

Great card. I love your sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

BrossArtAddiction said...

Adorable! Great job!

Thanks for playing with us at "Paper Playtime" for our summer challenge and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx