Friday, July 8, 2011

Sunbathing Granny - No, it's not me!

Sunbathing Granny has definitely got style!
Freshly Brewed Designs has their month long challenge up and running!

2 Patterned Papers
2 Embellishments
2 Shapes

Grab an image/stamp and get busy!


Isn't she awesome!  The papers are all from my scrap drawer, including the polka dot that I paper pieced on granny (my first attempt at paper piecing!)  The flourish (shape 1) is a Marianne die and the ovals (shape 2) are Spellbinders.  The flowers are handmade using fiskar punches.  The image is colored with copic markers and the sponging is done with memento inks.  Finished off with some ribbon and liquid pearls on the sentiment and in the centers of the flowers. 
I hope I can pull this off, this well, when I become a 'granny'.  LOL
This card may be entered in the following challenges:
Freshly Brewed Designs:  2PP, 2 shapes, 2 embellishments (DT card)
Pile it On:  Time to Relax
The Crazy Challenge:  On the Beach
Creative Belli:  Make your own Embellishments
Stamp Insanity:  Anything Goes

7 comments:

Karen W said...

Cute card, thanks for joining us at Creative Belli!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Gale girl! I love this card!!! HeHEHeHe!!! Her suit is tooo sassy cute and those splash looking papers are perfect!!! LOVE the sentiment. You really rocked this card girl!!
Sending hugs and smiles and happy weekend wishes.

<3 Heather

VanessaB said...

I just love this granny, too!!! i love what you did with her! awesome card! :)

Marlene said...

She IS awesome! Love her!

Erum Tasneem said...

ROFL! what funny image and a fabulous card!

KC said...

I love that image! your card is great!! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Insanity!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just toooo cute!!!! Love the fun image and the pretty flowers you added!!! Thanks for playing in the Creative Belli challenge!!!